Galapagos Conservation Trust
First interviews are expected to take place on Monday 07 March. Thank you for your interest!
Want to use your Trust fundraising skills to advance cutting edge conservation projects in the Galapagos Islands? The Galapagos Conservation Trust (GCT) is seeking an individual with experience in Trusts and Foundations fundraising to join our small and dynamic team in our central London office.
Supporting essential conservation in the fields of science, education and sustainable development, GCT is the only UK charity dedicated solely to supporting the conservation of the Galapagos Islands. Your ability to write engaging proposals along with your first class research skills will be key to the success of this role. A friendly and confident attitude will also stand you in good stead to communicate with GCT’s funders over the phone, via email or in person.
Our ideal candidate is:
- An experienced individual with a proven track record of fundraising success from Trusts & corporate foundations
- An excellent communicator, who is able to write proposals for a wide range of audiences and is confident making inquiries regarding potential applications
- A highly organised individual, ideally with experience in supporting the development of fundraising strategies and meeting funding targets
- A proactive approach, able to work on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
What you will get:
- Opportunities to develop your fundraising and communication skills
- Opportunities to benefit from professional external training to support further development where relevant and feasible
- A connection with cutting edge conservation projects in the planet’s first World Heritage Site, the Galapagos Islands and the surrounding Galapagos Marine Reserve
- Support from a fully engaged staff team.
Central London (Oxford Circus)
From time to time the Galapagos Conservation Trust requires the help of volunteers with skills in a particular field, usually to help us with a specific project or piece of work. This could be in anything from graphic design to research, marketing to human resources, facilitating workshops to proof reading, to writing blog pieces and articles.
- Project volunteer (writing project overviews and updates, sourcing and reviewing literature)
- Website volunteer (reviewing and updating website content)
- Photo volunteer (reviewing, sourcing, and organising the Trust’s photo library)
GCT does not organise or run projects in Galapagos and therefore does not place volunteers abroad. We fund carefully chosen projects, which are run by other organisations in Galapagos.