Galapagos tour operators
Adventure travel leader offers more options for travellers wishing to explore the islands
G Adventures, the world’s adventure travel leader, introduces a variety of cruising itineraries in the Galapagos Islands in response to new regulations instituted by the Galapagos Park Service. As of February 1, 2012, tour operators must implement 14-day itineraries in an effort to help preserve the archipelago’s fragile ecosystem. Vessels will not be permitted to visit the same site more than once in the two-week period, except for the port cities on Santa Cruz and San Cristóbal Islands to facilitate the embarkation and disembarkation of passengers.
“The Galapagos Islands are hugely popular and recognized for its incredible wildlife and natural diversity, ” says Frank Schuran, G Adventures’ VP of Global Operations. “Not only are the new itineraries better for the islands, they provide several advantages for travellers too. The longer cycles offer visitors more options to experience the ‘enchanted islands’ that best suit them.”
“We work closely with the Galapagos Park Service to ensure we operate in accordance with their standards, ” adds Schuran.
Travellers who wish to experience the entire archipelago can book two 10-day trips back-to-back with G Adventures. Six, seven and 10-day tours are also available.
G Adventures is one of the larger tour operators in the Galapagos and directly manages four exclusive yachts that cover a range of trip styles and budgets. Expert naturalist guides are on board all boats and the deluxe catamaran employs certified Level III naturalist guides – the highest level attainable.
The G Adventures Difference
Highlights of sailing with G Adventures in the Galapagos Islands include:
• 12 departures a week – With six, seven and 10-day tours operating every week, there are plenty of options and no other operator offers more variety; trips can be combined with Peru and Ecuador tours and land-based excursions are also available
• Owned fleet – The tour operator charters and manages its vessels, guaranteeing on-trip quality and ensuring travel with other G Adventures passengers
• Cater to all budgets – Whether guests prefer a more comfortable sailing experience or are on a tight budget, there is a yacht to match
• Maximum 16 people – Group sizes are kept small for a more intimate experience
• Passengers will be looked after – In addition to a local naturalist guide certified by the Galapagos National Park Authority, G Adventures maintains customer service and operational support centres in Quito
G Adventures has a long history of operating in the Galapagos and demonstrates its commitment to the Islands’ preservation through initiatives like the Galapagos Oil Spill Prevention project.
About G Adventures
G Adventures is a world leader in the adventure travel industry offering small group adventures to over 100 countries to more than 100, 000 global travellers annually. The award-winning trips, which focus on culture, nature and active travel, are ideal for those with a sense of adventure – people who want to leave the beaten path and authentically immerse themselves in a local culture or environment to experience the real world in a sustainable manner. Demonstrating its ongoing cultural, social and economic commitment to responsible tourism, G Adventures established the Planeterra Foundation, as a way the company and its travellers can give back to the communities visited. For more information, please visit and www.planeterra.org.