Trip to Galapagos cost
Budgeting for a great Galapagos trip
The Galapagos Islands are reachable on a variety of budgets; it all depends on what's important to you. Knowing what is included at each price level is a good starting point. You have options and we are here to help you understand them better so you can make informed choices.
Good value is our bottom line
All Untamed Path Galapagos trips represent great value. We offer trips ranging from the highest level of comfort and service to more basic and economical. When you're ready for more information contact us for a trip that matches your preferred level of comfort and budget.
Factors that affect Galapagos price
- Comfort of accommodations
- Size, speed & stability of yacht
- Amenities onboard (hot water vs. warm, air conditioning vs. fan, snorkeling gear included, etc.)
- Level of service
(number of crew and training )
- Experience level of guide
- Quality of meals
- Quality & length of itinerary
- Yacht upkeep & maintenance
- Time of year
Most economical: $1600 - $2500
When price is your first parameter these Galapagos trips will still provide
you with the complete experience and excellent value. By visiting in the
low season and slightly reducing trip length and some comforts you can
lower expenses substantially.
Mid-range: $2600 - $3900
Great quality at a reasonable price. Enjoy a full week in the islands with knowledgeable guides and well rounded itineraries. These are very
comfortable boats with great attention to detail.
Highest quality: $3900 - $5000
Provides the highest level of service and comforts available on a
Galapagos yacht. Generally you will have the highest level of guide service, larger cabin, larger bathroom and more common area, the yacht may be faster and or more stable at sea, higher quality food and best level of attention to detail.
Costs generally included in these prices
- 6 to 8 day naturalist cruise on a 12 to 20 passenger yacht
- Hotel accommodations on Ecuador mainland pre and post Galapagos trip
- Transportation between airport and hotel on mainland
Other costs not included
- International airfare
- Flights between Ecuador mainland & Galapagos: Currently ~$450 to $500/person
- Galapagos National Park entrance and immigration card: Currently $110/person