Hotel Galapagos Islands
Where are the Galápagos Islands? In the Pacific Ocean, 1000 kilometres (600 miles) west of the South American coast as part of Ecuador. The award-winning Finch Bay Eco Hotel lies just steps from the beach in a secluded location, across the bay from Puerto Ayora on the island of Santa Cruz, in the middle of the Galápagos. Guests cherish the hotel’s privacy, natural surroundings, swimming pool, fine dining and superb service.
What to expect from your Galápagos tour at the Finch Bay
The Finch Bay, Galápagos Hotel, offers an alternative way of experiencing the Galápagos Islands to taking an expedition cruise. Our all-inclusive Galápagos tour packages, which can range from 3 to 7 nights, combine exploring visitor sites within the National Park, aboard the hotel’s own yacht, with days full of learning and relaxation closer to the hotel on Santa Cruz Island. We can also organise daily yacht excursions to stunning visitor sites with experienced naturalist guides and excellent service, as well as a range of activities on Santa Cruz.
The ecologically-orientated Finch Bay has 6 Finch Bay Suite and 21 Finch Bay Room all with bathrooms and air conditioning. Its infrastructure and activities are entirely orientated to a concept of true ecotourism – it has won numerous awards for its conservation efforts.
Delicious, healthy international and Galápagos-inspired dishes are prepared daily by the hotel’s qualified Executive Chef, using the freshest ingredients – including many from its organic vegetable garden.
Guests experience these remarkable islands at their own pace, exploring both land and sea wonders: Enriching, relaxing, life-changing. The Galápagos, the Finch Bay way.
- The only beach-front hotel on Santa Cruz Island with a unique natural setting.
- Close yet secluded location (not in Puerto Ayora); no motorized vehicles pass by.
- The land-based option: Our own day-trip yacht. We operate all the high-end day-tours available to other hotels (e.g. Safari Camp, Royal Palm, etc.).
- Multi-adventure programs: bikes, sea kayaks, snorkelling at selected points, walks to Las Grietas, hikes to Tortuga Bay.
- Excellent base for SCUBA diving.
- Ideal for guests of different ages and interests (i.e. wife wants to SCUBA dive and husband wants to read her book).
- Great for pre- and post-cruise extensions.
- Guests can visit islands not included in a particular cruise itinerary.
- Recommended alternative for people who suffer from sea sickness
- Connecting Ocean View rooms.
- Swimming pool.
- Delicious, healthy international and Galápagos-inspired dishes are prepared daily by the hotel’s qualified Executive Chef, using the freshest ingredients – including many from its organic vegetable garden.
- Buffet breakfast. A la carte menus for lunch and dinner. Vegetarian and special dietary requirements can be accommodated.
- The hotel has been chosen as Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice 2012 and 2013 of the best hotels in South America.
- Winner of South American’s Leading Green Hotel by the World Travel Awards 2012 and 2013.
- Modern design incorporating Galapagos’ natural elements.
- Each room has wooden blinds, a black-out curtain, tile floors, air-conditioning, a private bathroom with hot water, hair dryers and biodegradable soap and shampoo dispensers, and a telephone.
- Free wifi and computers for guest use, with low-bandwidth internet access.
- On-site desalination and purification plants.
- Ice machine, laundry and massage service.
- Bar by the pool.
- Largest grey and black water-treatment plants in the Islands.
- Only hotel with its own desalination plant.
- Organic vegetable garden supplies restaurant.
- Support for local community initiatives.
- Solar panels for water heating.
- 27 Rooms & Suites
* Connected suites are available (4 Finch Bay Suite are interconnected).
* All Rooms and Suites have balconies
* All Rooms and Suites are non-smoking
- Outdoor Pool
- Restaurant and Bar Lounge
- Beachfront access
- Telephone, Fax, E-mail
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Business Center and Library
- Safety Deposit Box
- Ice Machine
- Wake-up call available
- Laundry service (extra cost)
- Kayaks for rental (extra cost)
- Massage service (extra cost)
- One small backpack (waterproof)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and Short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit -wetsuit for snorkeling in cold months
- Hat or cap
- Toilette kit (biodegradable shampoo please)
- Sun block
- Camera & camcorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
- Βιβλίο. MAXMAG.gr. Τι κρύβει η Μυστική Διαθήκη που δεν πρέπει να αποκαλυφθεί.